- In line with the purposes of the 2003 “ Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies, etc.,” Kyoto Institute of Technology (hereinafter referred to as “our university”) is committed to protecting the privacy of university community members and its guests. As such, we have established the regulations and management system outlined below, to properly safeguard and manage the personal information (any information relating to or identifying you as an individual) we obtain and store.
- This policy also applies to persons not employed by our university who access the kit.ac.jp domain.
２．Use of Personal Information
- Personal information obtained by our university to respond to questions, inquiries or request materials from users, will not be used for purposes other than those for which it was obtained and/or for sending you information from our university.
- We do not use personal information without individual consent, except when compiling anonymous statistics.
- With the exception of disclosures required by law, we will never provide personal information to third parties without your consent.
３．Personal Information Management
- The positions below have been established according to our university’s regulations for the management of all personal information possessed by our university.
・The president of our university appoints an Overall Privacy Protection Trustee
・The director of each administrative office serves as a Protection Manager Secretariat
・The director of each administrative office appoints a Staff Member in Charge of Privacy Protection
・Auditors are responsible for official inspections
・Information Disclosure and Personal Information Protection Committee members decide on important matters concerning management of personal information entrusted to us.
４．Disclosure, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
- To provide, correct, delete, or suspend the use of personal information, contact the office in charge of that information.
５．Links to External Websites
- Our university’s website provides links to external websites for the convenience of users. In accessing these links, you will leave our website. We are not responsible for personal information use at linked websites.