KIT accepts persons enrolled in our partner universities, and persons from universities with documented agreements with KIT, to participate in short (less than 90-day) research internships or workshop programs as Visiting Students under the following conditions.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan, KIT will not accept visiting students unless the border control measures (e.g. to wait for 14 days at a designated location, to refrain from using public transportation from the airport) are lifted.
Visiting Student applicants must:
- Be dispatched from a home institution under an agreement concluded between a KIT International Center director and a department head in their home university or person in a position higher than department head; and
- Continue to be enrolled in the degree program of the home institution throughout the internship/workshop program period.
Visiting Student applicants must submit the following:
- Application for Admission (Form A）
- Certificate of Enrollment at home university (English version)
- Health Questionnaire (Form C）
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photocopy of Overseas Travel Insurance
- Academic Transcript of most recently completed full academic year (if applicant wishes to apply for KIT Global Human Resource Development Program funding)
- Application for KIT International House (If applicant wishes to live in a dormitory, Rooms will be assigned as they become available, but are not guaranteed. If no room is available, Visiting students must secure their own housing.
Application Forms for Visiting Students
※Regarding the handling of personal information,refer to the PDF
Applications must be received 3 months before the start of your internship/workshop.
Note: Your Overseas Travel Insurance photocopy may be sent at a later time provided it reaches us before your departure.
KIT Global Human Resource Development Program
2022 Global Internship Program (Inbound)
This program aims to enrich cross-cultural understanding and promote internationalization at Kyoto Institute of Technology (KIT). We are now accepting international students and implementing cooperative research and study with KIT students. We provide international students from partner and documented institutions with financial assistance from the KIT International Exchange Promotion Fund. (See PDF below)