KIT actively promotes conservation-and-environmental-protection aware education and research. This awareness comprises continued attention to an increased sensitivity to nature. We create technologies which involve, or can be shared by all, in harmony with the environment and which benefit our spiritual welfare.
Contributing to the advancement of science and technologies in alignment with the above awareness and developing a sustainable society are the cornerstones of our policy.
Fostering environmental-health-and-protection aware human resources
1. We promote proactive environmental preservation and environmental protection education and research on a continual basis while nurturing proactive human resources who maintain an awareness of the importance of respecting, protecting and preserving the natural environment.
Reducing environmental impacts
2. We reduce the environmental impacts of university administration and educational research activities and strive to effectively conserve energy and resources.
Complying with laws and regulations
3. We comply with environmental protection related laws and voluntary standards, employing education and research to prevent accidental environmental pollution and risks to health.
4. We set environmental protection targets, actively promote environmental conservation and strive to reduce environmental risks. We continually improve on these efforts.
5. We communicate our stance on the environment and its protection while furthering university-community understanding through dialogue.