Date: May 31, 2021
From: The Novel Coronavirus Infection Control Task Force Chief
To: All Students, Faculty and Staff,
Re: Response to Kyoto Prefecture’s Extension of State of Emergency Measures
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, on May 28, the government announced an extension of the state of emergency in Kyoto Prefecture until June 20 and the Kyoto Prefecture has requested that universities continue to take actions accordingly.
Kyoto Institute of Technology will continue to implement all special prevention measures, which are currently in place, as listed below. Your understanding and cooperation for their thorough implementation is greatly appreciated.
- Combine HyFlex classes and online classes;
- Refrain from going out unless necessary, even during the daytime (commuting to work or school is excluded); in particular refrain from going out after 8:00 pm unless necessary, avoid crowded places and hours and refrain from visiting eating and drinking establishments that do not take adequate prevention measures or that do not comply with the government’s requests;
- Refrain from unnecessary traveling outside of Kyoto Prefecture (commuting to work or school is excluded);
- Refrain from outdoor (streets, parks, etc.) drinking in groups and generally actions that could raise the risk of infection;
- Refrain from visiting medical institutions or facilities for the elderly;
- Refrain from organizing face-to-face events with a large number of participants;
- Actively promote teleworking or staggered working hours, to the extent that it does not interfere with the performance of your duties;
- Avoid working after 8:00 pm;
- Refrain from attending events that involve eating and drinking (welcome and farewell parties, events with a large number of people etc.);
- Refrain from visiting eating and drinking establishments after the requested shortened operating hours
- Regarding extracurricular activities, take thorough measures to prevent infection and avoid activities with a particularly high risk of infection;
- The Museum and Archives will remain closed;
- University gates will be open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on weekdays and will remain closed at all other times.
In addition to the above measures, please continue to follow the “Kyoto Institute of Technology Manual on Limiting Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Transmission”.
We ask for your continued cooperation in following the “Kyoto Institute of Technology Manual on Limiting Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Transmission” and consistently implementing basic infection control measures. Avoid the “3Cs” (crowded places, close contact settings and closed spaces), maintain social distancing from others, wear a mask and wash and disinfect your hands. Also, actively practice the “new lifestyle” (limiting unnecessary contact with people, etc.) in order to protect your health and prevent others from becoming infected.